One needs to have paid for gorilla permits as charged for example Gorilla permits for a gorilla family in Bwindi impenetrable forest national park in Uganda is $600 per person and Rwanda’s current gorilla permit in Volcanoes national park is $1500 per person per gorilla family. You have already paid for your gorilla tour, gorilla permits, transport and accommodation. The next very important thing is to make sure that you have packed the right gorilla trekking gear for your gorilla safari. Gorilla trekking clothes are the same for Bwindi Impenetrable National Park, Mgahinga National Park as well as Volcanoes National Park So, the next question to be answered is what to pack for a gorilla trek. What we have advised below are the Requirements For Gorilla Trekking but if your gorilla tour combined with wildlife safaris you might need more.
- When tracing for gorillas, you need to be equipped with at least 2 pairs of light weight trousers that can dry quickly, two pairs of shorts, 2 pairs of long sleeved shirts , a hat , hand gloves , comfortable hiking shoes and finally 3 sleeved shirts which are preferably moisture wicking then apply insect repellent to scare away harmful insect bites.
- In addition, you also need to have a backpacker of enough drinking water, all kinds of cameras but without flash lights for memorable photo shoots and binoculars for clear views, snacks or packed lunch depending on the arrangement of the day to trek gorillas.
- It is essential that any participant with a medical condition requiring regular treatment or which may be affected by vigorous activity, high altitude, heat, cold, other natural phenomenon, or particular foods, notifies us and the tour leaders, in writing in advance of travel. We assume no liability for medical care or for special dietary requirements. Participants may be required to furnish a doctor’s statement of good health.
- The gates of these national parks are always wide open for any visitor to explore the secret beauty of various attractions especially for these endangered species which is an adventurous experience.
- In addition, gorilla trekking in done in the morning hours and starts at exactly 8am in the morning after a briefing session. When setting out for gorilla trekking clients are divided in groups of 8 people each allocated a ranger guide. The trekking experience lasts between 3- 5 hours including 1 hour in the presence of the gentle giants (gorillas).
- Porters are extra optional item and we advise all our clients to take a porter for their gorilla trekking. As earlier noted, gorilla trekking can be strenuous and thus you will need someone to give you a push or a pull on the way to the gorillas. These porters go for a fee but it is worth it. Remember that these porters are actually school going students either in their vacation or have been chased out of school due to school fees. By paying some money to have a porter with you, you will have contributed to community development indirectly.
These Requirements For Gorilla Trekking, however, some rules and regulations
have to be followed during the gorilla trekking experience. but if your gorilla tour combined with wildlife safaris
you might need more requirements for your trip.