- Pick up from your residence and drive northwards to Murchison Falls National Park (MFN) through Masindi. Murchison falls N. park covers 3840 Sq. KM. and has 76 mammal species and 450 bird species. The park lies at 619 meters at the Victoria Nile delta and 1292 meters at Rabongo hill above sea level. The mean temperature is 29°C high and 21°C low.
- You will stop in Masindi for lunch entering the park via Kichumbanyobo gate. Arrive at Paraa to overnight at Red Chilli camp (budget), Sambiya River Lodge (mid-range), or cross River Nile by ferry to the northern bank to overnight at Paraa safari lodge (up market).
- Start the day with an early morning game drive on the Buligi circuit Albert or Queen’s track north of River Nile. Animals that are unique to the African Savannah e.g. giraffes, lions, antelopes and elephants are a common sight. Visit the Nyamusika cliffs for a spectacular view. Take a 3 hour launch cruise up the river to the bottom of the thundering falls. In sight will see huge crocodiles, schools of hippos, Buffaloes and elephants at the river banks and a variety of water birds like herons, cormorant’s bee-eaters, kingfishers, skimmers, fish eagle and sometimes the rare shoebill.
- Return to your accommodation for dinner and overnight.
- After breakfast you drive to the top of the falls for a breathtaking sight of the raging mighty Nile as it forces its way through a rocky gap barely 7 meters wide! This is the point where the Nile River explodes through a narrow gorge and cascades down to become a placid river. Return to Kampala with lunch stop at Masindi or have picnic lunch enroute. Drop off at your accommodation for dinner and overnight or proceed to the airport for home bound flight.
End of Safari.