DAY 1: Kampala – Bwindi Impenetrable National Park
- After early breakfast, start on your long drive to Bwindi Impenetrable National Park. You will have a brief stopover at the equator “O” line crossing just one hour after takeoff. Enjoy an interesting experience of water turning clockwise at the equator.
- The drive will take you through the grasslands of Ankole. Further west, you will enjoy the famous long horned cattle before proceeding to the highlands of Kigezi. Visitors usually refer to the beautifully terraced hills in this part of Uganda as the “Switzerland of Africa”. Break off for lunch at a hotel in Kabale.
- You’ll Continue the journey throughout the beautiful scenery. Arrive in Bwindi National park (home of the rare mountain gorillas) in the evening. Apart from Gorillas, a more variety of primates are found in this dense natural forest. They include the red and blue tailed monkeys, colubus and velvet monkeys. This bushy and green forest has a number of streams running through it with Munyaga River being the biggest.
- There are mostly 3 categories of accommodation in Bwindi namely; the up market gorilla forest camp, mid-range Buhoma homestead and the budget community bands. While the gorilla forest camp and the homestead offer self-contained facilities and solar lighting (with more luxuries like wine in the forest camp) the community campground does not have self-contained facilities and meals are just basic.
- You take an early sleep to be able to wake up early the following day for your expedition.
DAY 2: Gorilla Tracking in Bwindi Impenetrable National Park
- After an early breakfast, you walk to the park offices for briefing by your guides. You will then set off to your expedition. The thrill of your encounter in this natural forest will erase the difficulties of the potentially strenuous trek. Bring jungle boots and rain jackets because the park is often wet.
- The time you take to find gorillas will depend on the movement of these gentle giants. Visitors spend one hour with the gorillas watching them go about with their activities. You are likely to enjoy the close view of adults feeding, grooming and resting as the youngsters frolic and swing from vines in delightfully playful display.
- After your memorable time with the gorillas, you will return to your camp exhilarated but very excited! You will relieve the encounter with friends over a drink. Have dinner and overnight at the place of your choice.
DAY 3: Return to Kampala
- You will return to Kampala after breakfast taking a different route to enjoy the different scenery in the different parts of the country. Make a brief stopover at Mpambire drum makers or at some crafts display center along the road for souvenirs.
- Return to your accommodation for dinner and overnight or proceed to the airport for home bound flight.
End of Safari